[RADIATOR] Alvarion Breezemax & Radiator

Michael Tipton mtipton at neonova.net
Mon Jun 5 14:28:48 UTC 2017

I have been trying to get radiator to work with Alavarion Breezemax 3000
series wimax CPEs, but have not had any success in even getting a TTLS
tunnel established.

The CPEs are configured to use EAP-TTLS for phase 1 and MSCHAPv2 for phase
2.

I am trying to get it to work with a flat file, I found the following via
the mailing list and google https://lists.open.com.au/pipe
rmail/radiator/2009-December/015946.html

​It looks like from this freeradius mailing list post that Alavarion
violated the wimax specifications. ​http://lists.freeradius.org/p
ipermail/freeradius-users/2011-October/056593.html

​That did not seem to function either in opening the TTLS tunnel. I then
engaged Telrad who apparently bought out Alavarion. They were able to
provide with with the last known config that worked for them using RAdmin.

I edited it to make it work with a flat file, but even that failed to
establish the TTLS tunnel.

Our customer is currently using freeradius and I have had a hard time
converting them over to radiator to work with our systems.

I've attached the configs I've tried with no success and well as the trace
logs. ​Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried several changes
of each to no avail.

Thanks,
Mike​