[RADIATOR] A few questions regarding the NFV solution

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jul 10 10:36:21 UTC 2017

On 05.07.2017 14:55, Nadav Hod wrote:

> I have a few questions regarding the NFV product:
>
> 1) Is there full feature parity with Radiator?

Hello Navad,

please see the blog postings about NFV and related topics, such as
logging, statistics and dashboards.

http://radiatorcookbook.open.com.au/

I'd say it's more than just Radiator since it involves also management
and other functionality. For example, how all components can log and
send statistics to management.

I addition to the blog, our NFV people can get back with more details
when they are back from their yearly vacation.

> 2) What have your experiences been with this new solution. Has it proven
> itself to be production-ready? Any NFV specific caveats?
> 3) Is the NFV configured entirely via the NFV manager, or is it still
> done via local configuration and database files?
> 4) I haven't seen a FAQ or any mention of the NFV solution in the online
> documentation. Is there a seperate document on the installation
> requirements and procedures for installing NFV? For example, can it be
> installed on a VMware ESXi hypervisor?

Thanks,
Heikki