[RADIATOR] ServerRADSEC: TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 are by default disabled even if all software supports them

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Sep 23 03:05:04 CDT 2016

On 22.9.2016 11.45, Stefan Winter wrote:

> The default that "UseTLS" should trigger is: all TLS versions that are
> supported in the system.

Agreed. The current UseTLS behaviour is to do what it has done since it
was first implemented: enable TLS 1.0.

We could, for example, enable all TLS protocols when UseTLS is set and
log a message that TLS_Protocols should be used instead for better
control of supported versions.

Now when some TLS versions are showing their age and TLS 1.3 is
upcoming, it's good to have a way to tell what exactly is wanted.

> Silently pinning 1.0 is an invitation to continue use of old and weak
> crypto protocols.
>
> Maybe this default could be changed in later versions...

Yes, I'll see that this gets attention.

NetWare etc.