[RADIATOR] ServerTACACSPLUS logging improvements

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue May 31 08:24:31 CDT 2016

On 31.5.2016 12.57, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:

>>> - Could not get peer name on TacacsplusConnection socket: Transport
>>> endpoint is not connected
>> Hmm, that's happening very early withing server tacacsplus, so there's
>> no request, client, etc is available yet. Improvements here may be
>> small, if any.
> Than please at least add more information to the error message itself so
> that at least the misbehaving client can be identified.

Hmm, do you get these often? Also, does your configuration have FarmSize
enabled? This error occurs very early after the new connection has been
accepted. The code tries to figure out the address and port of the
client, but getpeername call fails.

I noticed the accept for the new connection is done slightly differenty
than what the StreamServer class does, so I was thinking if this is
something StreamServer does better in farm size environments.

I'll see if there's anything more that can be logged too.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.