[RADIATOR] Performance logging

Tuure Vartiainen vartiait at open.com.au
Wed Mar 30 04:57:48 CDT 2016

Hi,

> On 29 Mar 2016, at 11:53, Hartmaier Alexander <alexander.hartmaier at t-systems.at> wrote:
>
> I've copied the calculation code to my LogFormatHook code:
>
> $message->{response_time} = Radius::Util::timeInterval( \
>             $p->{RecvTime}, \
>             $p->{RecvTimeMicros}, Radius::Util::getTimeHires()); \
>
> I'd still prefer if that float was available with a placeholder variable.
>
> It shows what I was expecting, EAP authentication is slow.
> Any pointers where I can start optimizing the EAP auth performance?

hard to say without seeing your configuration and Trace 4 (DEBUG) log
of a single request including microseconds (LogMicroseconds).

I assume that those timings are for the last Access-Request of
EAP authentication which produces either Access-Accept or Access-Reject.

Usually most of the time goes to a user lookup from a backend.

BR
--
Tuure Vartiainen <vartiait at open.com.au>

NetWare etc.