[RADIATOR] Radiator and Load Balancer

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Jul 27 13:32:29 CDT 2016

DSR load balancing assumes the real servers know about the load balanced VIP and is generally configured on a loopback.

The problem with this I think is that Radiator responds with a source address of where the packet leaves. (at least that’s been my experience). Most clients will probably ignore the response as it’s coming from a different address.

With Radiator being Perl, I don’t think you can force Radiator to answer from a specific source address on the server.

NAT will work via the F5, you just have to make sure that the response traffic goes back out to the load balancer it came in on.

--
Robert
inoc.net!rblayzor