[RADIATOR] Enhancement Request - Allow Radiator NFV to work as a 3rd party NFV for Cisco APIC-EM

Nadav Hod nadav.hod at comm-it.co.il
Wed Dec 21 10:07:21 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

At present, the Radiator NFV is a standalone NFV which works on top of a hypervisor without any particular 3rd party deployment integration (that I'm aware of). Cisco has been pushing their NFV solution for awhile now and support 3rd party NFV's to work within their APIC-EM ecosystem.

For a first look at their solution:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/enterprise-network-functions-virtualization-nfv/solution-overview-c22-736582.html

What this would mean is that customers who have a modern Cisco ecosystem can deploy Radiator at their sites easily and as part of their existing deployment workflow. They decide that a certain site would have a router, a firewall and a Radiator Server, and a few minutes later can enjoy unattended deployment of these VNFs.

I'm not sure if Cisco would agree to supporting a solution which competes with their ISEv for AAA, but who knows? :)

Your thoughts?