[RADIATOR] Bugreport: OTP... PAP

vartiait at open.com.au vartiait at open.com.au
Thu Sep 24 10:21:44 CDT 2015

Hi,

On Thursday, 24 September, 2015 14:09, "Patrick Honing" <Patrick.Honing at han.nl> said:

> Mon Sep 14 14:15:47 2015: ERR: Could not load EAP module Radius::EAP_: Can't
> locate Radius/EAP_.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at (eval 103)
> line 3.
>
> Mon Sep 14 14:15:47 2015: DEBUG: EAP result: 1, Unsupported default EAP
> Response/Identity PAP
>
> Because PAP was mentioned in the error, we removed (after trying a few dozen other
> things) PAP from out EAPtypes (was there historically and isn’t used
> anymore) as in:
>
> This fixes the problem with the mac, but keeps me wondering why PAP gives such a
> nasty error..

Thanks for bringing this up! Have to add a check there to prevent Radiator from
trying to load an EAP class for a non-existing EAP type and log an error for
wrong/non-supported EAP types in a configuration file :)

PAP is not an EAP type, supported EAP types are MD5, OTP, GTC, TLS, SecurID, LEAP,
SIM, TTLS, AKA, PEAP, MSCHAP-V2, TNC, FAST, PAX, PSK, AKA-PRIME and PWD.

EAP-TTLS can transport PAP (plain simple RADIUS authentication), CHAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPv2 (without
EAP encapsulation) or any EAP method (including EAP-MSCHAPv2).

New Mac OS X 10.11. seems to use EAP-MSCHAPv2 within EAP-TTLS by default, whereas
old versions used plain PAP or MSCHAPv2.

> All fine.. Testing the Mac went fine so updating our production RADIUS
> servers… But this broke our VDI config:

could you send a trace 4 log file showing OTP challenge and response directly to me
and I'll look at it?

BR
--
Tuure Vartiainen