[RADIATOR] VM or physical

Sasha Tchepourko s.tchepourko at griffith.edu.au
Thu Sep 17 19:22:54 CDT 2015

Greetings everyone!

We are in process of virtualising our physical radius servers (to vmware)
and wanted to get a general feel from users in the community here to see
what is the preferred option, keep running on physical servers or move to
vm... Obviously each option has it's own benefits and limitations, but as
far as Radiator itself, any word of advise on what is the better platform?
Anyone had any issues with running under vm worth mentioning?

Current Radiator servers setup in an active/active configuration with each
of those servers processing around 1200 packets/min of dot1x auth for
wireless networks and VPN with a number of handlers with pre/post hooks
etc...

Thanks,
Sasha.