[RADIATOR] Feature request - Different encryption methods in AuthBy UNIX

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 30 13:32:27 CDT 2015

Would it be possible to add a directive to the <AuthBy UNIX> method to specify different password encryption methods.

For instance I’m testing RADIATOR on an Ubuntu Server and <AuthBy UNIX> doesn’t work because the Ubuntu uses a different hash/encryption method in their /etc/shadow file.

If I manually encrypt the password with the same method as used by <AuthByUNIX> and put it in the /etc/shadow file  it will then work, but that means that users can’t change their passwords from the command prompt.

Thanks.

-Neil

--
Neil Johnson