[RADIATOR] Password/certificate security seems next to none on Radiator server

Sami Keski-Kasari samikk at open.com.au
Fri Oct 2 02:53:48 CDT 2015

Hello Nadav,

When using EAP-TLS:
In supplicant side you need to have supplicant's private key and
certificate.
In server side you have private key and certificate.

Those keys and certificates are used to do the authentication.
During authentication it is verified that you have the private key for
certificate you are presenting to the peer.

CA brings a way to provide trust relationship between supplicant and
server so that for example you don't need to introduce all client
certificates to Radiator. When using CA you can for example just tell
that trust all certificates that has been signed with private key of
this CA.

But again the CA private key is what you need to protect. CA certificate
is public information and it can be used only for verification purposes,
not for signing any certificates.

CA's private key private should stay in the CA and you don't need that
in Radiator either. Only private key you need in Radiator is the
server's private key.

Best Regards,
 Sami