[RADIATOR] Password/certificate security seems next to none on Radiator server

Nadav Hod nadav.hod at comm-it.co.il
Thu Oct 1 08:36:55 CDT 2015

Hi Nick,

Specific hardware for securing files on your server shouldn't be necessary for the use cases I'm suggesting. I've just integrated Radiator for the first time and I was shocked that for each NAS I had to keep the password in plaintext.
Radiator is installed on servers worldwide whether physical or VM, I believe that each of them (regardless of hardware) should be provided with at least the same security as NPS which knows how to accept user passwords in plaintext and then obfuscate them (whether encrypted, hashed or otherwise).

A solution can be integrated via software, and my suggestions use perl and openssl to secure sensitive information. Therefore only integration is necessary without new environments.