[RADIATOR] Feature request - Different encryption methods in AuthBy UNIX

vartiait at open.com.au vartiait at open.com.au
Mon Nov 2 14:08:45 CST 2015

Hi

On Monday, 2 November, 2015 20:09, "Johnson, Neil M" <neil-johnson at uiowa.edu> said:

> Radiator 4.16 on the test box and Radiator 4.13 in production.
>
> It appears the password is in SHA-512 format ($6$ prefix), but it didn’t
> work on the test box until I ran a python script uses the following line to
> encrypt the password:
>
> encrypted_password = crypt.crypt(raw_passwd1, salt=crypt.METHOD_SHA512)
>
> And then manually copied it into the /etc/shadow file.
>
> Here is the password entry for a dummy account I created on the test box:
>
> $6$rMzuK3lt$OTG.nVZjYW6E4jWjQJ3DVQgpEPoSSy6p6b34p1nx5w3b7NKfTAWKKF0xvUGPeiM9PLSc3z83uD8JcKzzjU6951
>
> password is “fredsmed"

I'm unable to reproduce the problem with Radiator 4.16 on Ubuntu 14.04 box using AuthBy UNIX or FILE
with the SHA-512 hash above.

Does the following Perl script print the same hash twice on the test box?

use strict;
use warnings;

my $pw = '$6$rMzuK3lt$OTG.nVZjYW6E4jWjQJ3DVQgpEPoSSy6p6b34p1nx5w3b7NKfTAWKKF0xvUGPeiM9PLSc3z83uD8JcKzzjU6951';
my $submitted_pw = "fredsmed";

    print $pw . "\n";
    print crypt($submitted_pw, $pw) . "\n";
}