[RADIATOR] Feature request - Different encryption methods in AuthBy UNIX

Tuure Vartiainen vartiait at open.com.au
Mon Nov 2 01:33:05 CST 2015

Hi,

> On 30 Oct 2015, at 20:32, Johnson, Neil M <neil-johnson at uiowa.edu> wrote:
>
> For instance I’m testing RADIATOR on an Ubuntu Server and <AuthBy UNIX> doesn’t work because the Ubuntu uses a different hash/encryption method in their /etc/shadow file.
>
> If I manually encrypt the password with the same method as used by <AuthByUNIX> and put it in the /etc/shadow file  it will then work, but that means that users can’t change their passwords from the command prompt.

what version of Radiator are you running and which password encryption method are you using?

Since Radiator 4.13 there has been a support for e.g. SHA-512 passwords (“$6$” prefix in shadow file).

AuthBy UNIX supports all the same password formats which Radiator suppports.

BR
--
Tuure Vartiainen <vartiait at open.com.au>

NetWare etc.