[RADIATOR] Farmsize and ServerTACACSPLUS

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu May 28 11:00:39 CDT 2015

On 05/28/2015 03:26 PM, Vangelis Kyriakakis wrote:

>        I would like to know if the ServerTACACSPLUS is compatible with
> Farmsize X. Is it possible to have more farm childs serving TCP port 49?

Yes, that's possible. Please see goodies/tacacsplusserver.cfg in
Radiator 4.14 distribution and look for AllowAuthorizeOnly. There's the
option and a Handler related to it.

With FarmSize, the initial authentication (if TACACS+ used for auth) and
the subsequent authorization requests can be processed by different farm
workers. The above option allows radiusd to query the backend for
authorization requests even if it has not received requests for the user
yet.

The option defaults to disable and it's intended for FarmSize or
configurations where, for example, authentication is not done with TACACS+

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.