[RADIATOR] Processing delay in Diameter

Arthur kasjas at hot.ee
Sat Mar 28 03:44:40 CDT 2015

OK, it's mean that my mentioned  5.2 seconds delay example caused by
previously slowly processed requests and OS rx buffer filling?
I have trace 4 with LogMicroseconds logfile and I will try to analyze
it. But due of lot of traffic it's not a easy task.

Does FarmSize parameter can help in this situation with pure Diameter
environment?

br,
Arthur

28.03.2015 4:59, Hugh Irvine kirjutas:
> Hello Arthur -
>
> The best way to see what is happening is to run Radiator at trace 4 with LogMicroseconds enabled.
>
> This will show you exactly how long each processing step is taking and how long Raditor is waiting for external resources.
>
> As Heikki says, this sort of problem is almost always due to slow responses from SQL and/or LDAP databases (or sometimes slow DNS lookups).
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

>> On 27 Mar 2015, at 19:56, Heikki Vatiainen <hvn at open.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> On 26.3.2015 14.45, Kaspar Jasper wrote:
>>
>>> My Diameter peer sometimes complains about Diameter timeouts, which is 5
>>> seconds. Debugging leads me to the interesting detail - Diameter
>>> messages sometimes are processing with delays in Radiator.
>>>
>>> For instance, Radiator's server Wireshark capture:
>>> No.    Time               Source         Destination   Protocol Length Info
>>> 231521 09:00:58.997242000 xxx.xxx.xx.xx  xxx.xxx.xx.xx DIAMETER 1622
>>> cmd=Accounting Request(271) flags=RP-- appl=Diameter Base Accounting(3)