[RADIATOR] User Auth settings: Netgear AP + Radiator

Thomas Kurian thomas at kccg.com
Fri Mar 6 11:46:11 CST 2015

Dear Heikki,
Thanks for your support and guidance.
I have modified my radius.cfg as advised in your following email , but
still Access-Request results as No-Reply. Please note that I have used
the same EAP certificates from the (goodies->certificates) folder .

I tried the following radpwtst :

 1. radpwtst -s 192.168.0.217 -secret xxxxx -trace 4 -auth_port 1812
 2. radpwtst -s 192.168.0.217 -secret xxxxx -trace 4 -auth_port 1812
    -user mikem -password fred
 3. radpwtst -s 192.168.0.217 -secret xxxxx -trace 4 -auth_port 1812
    -user User -password clientPass

Please advise the specific 'user and password' format to be defined in
the users file to the tested for authentication using radpwtst for our
radius.cfg . Please also advise the recommended radpwtst to be performed
as the above mentioned is still providing No-Reply to the Access-Request.

There is network connectivity between our radiator and Netgear AP
(ping).  Kindly check my following configuration and advise on how to
proceed.

#Foreground
#LogStdout

AcctPort 1813
AuthPort 1812

LogDir        /var/log/radius
DbDir        /etc/radiator
DictionaryFile /etc/radiator/dictionary

Trace         4

<Client DEFAULT>
     Secret    xxxxx
     DupInterval 0
</Client>

# Our Netgear AP for testing
<Client 192.168.0.217>
     Secret    xxxxx
     DupInterval 0
</Client>

<AuthLog FILE>
     Identifier myauthlogger
     Filename %L/authlog
     LogSuccess 1
     LogFailure 1
</AuthLog>

<Handler Request-Type="Access-Request",TunnelledByPEAP=1>
     Identifier EAP-MSCHAP-V2
     <AuthBy FILE>
         Filename /etc/radiator/users

         # This tells the PEAP client what types of inner EAP requests
         # we will honour
         EAPType MSCHAP-V2
     </AuthBy>

     # Log authentication success and failure to the a file
     AuthLog myauthlogger

#    PostAuthHook
file:"/root/Desktop/Radiator-Locked-4.14/goodies/eap_anon_hook.pl"
</Handler>

<Handler Request-Type="Access-Request">
     Identifier EAP-PEAP
     <AuthBy FILE>
         Filename %D/users

         EAPType PEAP
         EAPTLS_CAFile %D/certificates/demoCA/cacert.pem
         EAPTLS_CertificateFile %D/certificates/cert-srv.pem
         EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM
         EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile %D/certificates/cert-srv.pem
         EAPTLS_PrivateKeyPassword whatever
         EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000
         AutoMPPEKeys

         EAPTLS_PEAPVersion 0

     </AuthBy>

     AuthLog myauthlogger

#PreProcessingHook
file:"/root/Desktop/Radiator-Locked-4.14/goodies/eap_anon_hook.pl"
     AcctLogFileName /etc/radiator/detail
</Handler>

Best Regards,

Thomas Kurian
Information Security Engineer,Pre-Sales.
Kuwaiti Canadian Consulting Group (www.kccg.com)
T: +965 22435566
F: +965 22415149
E: thomas at kccg.com