[RADIATOR] tagged-string and tag0

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Mar 2 09:18:50 CST 2015

On 02/27/2015 04:07 PM, Tim Jones wrote:

> However when repacked being forwarded back to the client, Radiator adds
> a tag of 0x00 by default to untagged tagged-string attributes. This
> causes problems as 0 tag is undefined by RFC 2826 (only values 0x01
> through to 0x1f are valid tags), and also that the attribute now no
> longer matches what the client expects.

> Also, it still has an issue where if someone were to add a tagged-string
> attribute (in code or config) with a tag greater than 31 e.g. AddToReply
> Tunnel-client-Endpoint = "32:Whatever" will encode to 0x205768... which
> will unpack as " Whatever" (note the leading space) and cause errors
> again. But that's another issue :)

Hello Tim,

thanks for reporting both of these issues. We'll take a look at how to
handle tag value 0. Value 0 is often used and works with many devices,
but it's good to know that it might cause problems with some.

About the second issue, we'll take a look at this too. Decimal 32 is
SPACE in ascii, so that's where the leading space comes from, but lets
see what can be done to values 32 and greater.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.