[RADIATOR] TTLS with inner MSCHAPv2 vs. inner EAP-MSCHAPv2

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Tue Jun 9 07:18:29 CDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> On 9.6.2015 15.05, Christian Kratzer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
>> <snipp/>
>>> It should now return accept or reject, not a challenge. If it accepts,
>>> it will tunnel MS-CHAP2-Success back to the client with the accept.
>>
>> this seems to lead to the problem in our setup.
>>
>> We have following structure in the inner handler with a cascaded a
>> second AuthSQL after the authenticating sql for authorisation:
>>
>>    <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
>>        Identifier    TunnelledByTTLS
>>        AuthByPolicy    ContinueWhileAccept
>>        AuthBy        SQLauthenticate
>>        AuthBy        SQLauthorize ( uses NoEAP and NoCheckPassword )
>>    </Handler>
>>
>> In the EAP-MSCHAPv2 case radiator does not proceed to SQLauthorize when
>> SQLauthenticate has produced a challenge:
>
> How about adding a Handler for EAP:
>
> <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1, EAP-Message=/.+/>
>    # Policies etc. to work with EAP
> </Handler>
>
> <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
>    # Policies to work with non-EAP requests
> </Handler>

yes that would help separate the cases but I would still need to solve the non eap case, i.E how to ignore SQLauthorize while SQLauthenticate is challenging the client.  Would something like this work for plain MSCHAPv2 ?

 	ContinueUntilChallenge
 	AuthBy        SQLauthenticate
 	AuthBy        SQLauthorize ( uses NoEAP and NoCheckPassword )

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2