[RADIATOR] Cisco 5508 passing mac for mac auth

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 03:00:05 CST 2015

Hi,

>    When using a Cisco Wireless controller I have mac delimiters and 3 modes
>    of operation:
>    - Other - (In the Radius Access Request with Mac Authentication Password
>    is NOT sent.)
>    - Free Radius - (In the Radius Access Request with Mac Authentication
>    Password is controller's shared secret with radius server.)

huh?  FreeRADIUS quite happily takes Mac address with the MAC address as password...
in fact, you'd have to do quite a bit of work and ignore some key WIKI docs to make
that description above work! :/

>     - Cisco ACS - (In the Radius Access Request with Mac Authentication
>    password is client's MAC address.)

this one is what you want to use with RADIATOR (and FreeRADIUS ;-)) , then just list the
MAC addresses as username and as password in your "Users" file for that method (I assume
you'll have a seperate policy so call in this particular MAC list Users file for a handler
for that service.

alan