[RADIATOR] AuthBy Syslog port

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Feb 5 07:22:18 CST 2015

On 4.2.2015 1.30, List wrote:
> Is it possible to log AuthBy Syslog to an external server on a different
> port than 514?  Reading the documentation I don't see an option to
> specify the port of the remote syslog server.

You are correct, there is no option for setting the remote port.

I recommend logging to the local syslog server and configuring it to
forward the requests to the remote syslog servers. In addition to more
flexibility with configuration, this will also offload handling the log
messages to a separate process which can use, for example, TCP/TLS and
whatever is required to make sure the log messages get to their destination.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.