[RADIATOR] AuthBy LDAP2 to AD

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Dec 22 15:08:28 CST 2015

On 12/20/2015 09:49 PM, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:

> @Heikki: could you add a section in the AuthBy LDAP2 which covers the
> topic Microsoft Active Directory?

I've made a ticket for this including these:
- Global catalog ports
- ServerChecksPassword - can't get user credentials from AD
- AttrsWithBaseScope - for AD constructed attributes e.g., tokenGroups
for getting group and nested group membership information
- Differences with non-AD LDAP servers - anything else than the above?

One thing I'd like to ask you about Global Catalog: If the Base DN is
not empty, does it affect the search results? You wrote that it should
be left empty, however, I so far I have thought it's fine to specify a
Base DN.

See for example this doc, and search for 'non-instantiated'. As I
understand it, it says base DN that is empty or anything else is fine.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/how-global-catalog-servers-work(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.