[RADIATOR] AuthBy LDAP2 to AD

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Dec 16 07:42:55 CST 2015

On 15.12.2015 19.18, Joe Honnold wrote:

> I am working towards a config that does AD authentication with the
> addition of OTP.  I have started the AD config and have hit an issue
> that I can not seem to get around.
> The log file states:
>
>     Tue Dec 15 10:34:24 2015: DEBUG: Radius::AuthLDAP2 REJECT: Bad
>     Encrypted password: UserJ [UserJ]

I would check the shared secret first. If the secret is incorrect,
Radiator tries to bind with incorrectly decrypted password and this may
be the reason why you see the above error.

Also, your test client is resending the authentication request. This can
happen if it does not like the authenticator in the reply and discards
the reply without processing it any further.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.