[RADIATOR] OpenSSL version.

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Aug 18 09:40:18 CDT 2015

On 18.8.2015 1.00, Johnson, Neil M wrote:

> Dropped back to 5.18.2.1802 and still doesn’t find Win32::Daemon on Win32::Lsa

Hello Neil,

please see below for my notes about ActivePerl 5.18.4.1805 on Win2008R2.

> C:\Perl64\bin>ppm install Win32::Daemon
> Downloading ActiveState Package Repository dbimage...done
> Syncing site PPM database with .packlists...done
> ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides Win32::Daemon

It appears this module has not been compiled for ActivePerl 5.18:
https://code.activestate.com/ppm/Win32-Daemon/

However, it seems to install with cpan:

cpan Win32::Daemon

This takes a while since it loads the compiler and other utilities.

> C:\Perl64\bin>ppm install http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads/Win32-L
> sa.ppd
> ppm install failed: The PPD does not provide code to install for this platform

Please use the ppms that come with Radiator distribution. The Win32-Lsa
ppds come now with Radiator. For example:

C:\>cd \radiator\Radiator-4.15\ppm
C:\Radiator\Radiator-4.15\ppm>ppm install Win32-Lsa.ppd
Unpacking Win32-Lsa-1.3.0.1...done
Generating HTML for Win32-Lsa-1.3.0.1...done
Updating files in site area...done
    4 files installed

In addition to this, do a 'ppm install Digest::MD4' too and see if the
LSA configuration works now.

> Glad I’m doing this on a test box and not in production...

Indeed. It's a bit unfortunate that Win32::Daemon is not compiled for
5.18 since it's available for all the other versions as a ppm.

Also, we'll update the installation instructions to be more clear that
the ppms now come with Radiator. We thought it would make sense to
distribute them with the Radiator distribution package instead of
requiring a separate download.

Thanks for your patience,
Heikki

NetWare etc.