[RADIATOR] Change Default Size for Capabilities Field

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Sep 22 11:50:19 CDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 09:42 PM, James Austin wrote:

> Need to implement below on a Windows 2008R2 that's running Radiator using mssql for DB.  Got your original msg from Nick Dewar with Telrad.

This change does not affect Radiator configuration. Once you have done
the change on the MS SQL server, that should be it. I think something
like this should work:

alter table device_session alter column capabilities ...

Where ... is the new size while the type remains the same. You should
check what the current type is, I did not want to guess it.

Note: the current version 4.13 already uses the longer size so this is
not required for new installations (unless it's still too short).

Thanks,
Heikki

> Looks like the default size for capabilities field in the DB is not long
> enough. We will update the default wimax.sql file to accomondate this.
>
> Please do this:
>
> % mysql --user=mikem --password=fred wimax
> mysql> alter table device_session modify capabilities varchar(500);
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
> Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
>
> This should make the capabilities column long enough to store the long data.

NetWare etc.