[RADIATOR] Missing Session Accounting

Christopher Bland chris at fdu.edu
Wed Sep 10 09:16:31 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I recently change a postauthhook to do cleanup of the RADONLINE session table and have lost users sessions.  I added the following

    my $username = $p->getAttrByNum($Radius::Radius::USER_NAME);
    my $now = &Radius::Util::format_special('%t', $p);

    if ($result == $main::ACCEPT) {

       my $dbhandler = DBI->connect ($dsn,$dbuser,$dbpasswd) || die "Error opening database: $DBI::errstr\n";
       my $yesterday = $now - 86400;

       # Build insert sql
       $sql = "delete from RADONLINE where USERNAME='$username' and TIME_STAMP < $yesterday";

       # Execute RADONLINE cleanup and disconnect from db
       my $radonlinecleanup = $dbhandler->prepare($sql);
       $radonlinecleanup->execute;
       $radonlinecleanup->finish;

       $dbhandler->disconnect;
   }

Since putting this in user sessions are not being added even though only session older than 24 hours are getting deleted.

-Chris