[RADIATOR] Problems with Secret and SQLClientList

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Sep 2 08:33:33 CDT 2014

On 09/01/2014 03:12 PM, Herrmann, Daniel wrote:

> However, the secret does not work. When  testing the authentification
> with NTRadPing, Radiator answers to my (known) client, nevertheless
> which secret I use. If I use “cisco”, I get an answer, if I use
> “7jnasdfjksa” I also get the answer. What can cause Radiator not to
> check the secret sent among the request?

Hello Daniel,

the response from Radiator should always be Access-Reject and NTRadPing
should complain about bad response authenticator or something similar.

The Authenticator field in the request is used to encrypt the
User-Password but it is not used to verify the request itself.

For verifying the request you should configure your RADIUS clients to
send Message-Authenticator attribute. In addition, you can configure
Radiator with RequireMessageAuthenticator Client flag to require the
clients to use this attribute.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.