[RADIATOR] log the matched AuthBy identifier

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Oct 24 06:20:56 CDT 2014

On 23.10.2014 15.31, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:

> I'm trying to log the name of the AuthBy that accepted a request for a
> Handler that has multiple AuthBys.
>
> I've tried %{Auth-Type}, %{Request:Auth-Type} ad %{Reply:Auth-Type}
> because that's included in the dictionary and mentioned in the reference
> manual for the AuthBy identifier but none of the three worked.

We could add %{AuthBy:name} special that behaves like %{Handler:name}.
See section "5.2 Special characters" in the reference manual.

This would give you access to Identifier and other parameters for the
currently evaluated AuthBy within the AuthBy and the last AuthBy
evaluated by the Handler. Last would also mean the last AuthBy when the
AuthByPolicy has determined no more AuthBys should be evaluated.

In other words, this would allow you to log %{AuthBy:Identifier} in the
AuthLog and see which was the last AuthBy that was evaluated.

Is this what you are thinking of?

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.