[RADIATOR] radsec with dynamic discovery

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Oct 20 09:15:56 CDT 2014

On 15.10.2014 16.17, Rob Gorrell wrote:
> I'm interested to learn more about radsec and dynamic discovery and
> configuring radiator to do so though I'm not very familiar with the
> topic in general and I'm pretty new to radiator.

See goodies/dnsroam.cfg and goodies/dnsroam.txt for dynamic discovery +
radsec configuration. You may also want to check
goodies/radsec-server.cfg and goodies/radsec-client.cfg for more about
radsec.

Those should get you started with Radiator configuration and, for
example, an internal setup for your organisation.

> I was wondering if
> anyone has any resources at hand that speak about setting up dynamic
> discover or configuring radiator to do this that might be a good
> starting point.

Since you are from an educational institution, you could do a search
with keywords eduroam and dnsroam. One of the results for me is a PDF
called 'eduroam: Dynamic IdP Discovery - Deployment plan -' which has
more information about radsec, DNS dynamic discover and eduroam.

However, I'm not exactly sure what the status with DNS dynamic discovery
with eduroam is, so I can not say how eduroam organisations currently
use it.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.