[RADIATOR] NAS-Identifier definition in the radiator data dictionary

Bengi Sağlam bengi at socialandbeyond.com
Fri Nov 28 10:24:13 CST 2014

Hello Heikki,

Yes you are right, I configured my Clients with MAC. Previously I had
problem I was not receiving "Accounting-On" packed, however I solved this
problem by making a PreClientHook. Inside the hook I am getting
Called-Station-Id.

*PreClientHook  sub { my $nasId = ${$_[0]}->get_attr('NAS-Identifier'); \*
* my $stationId = ${$_[0]}->get_attr('Called-Station-Id'); \*

* ${$_[0]}->add_attr('Called-Station-Id',$nasId) unless($stationId);}So
Called-Station-Id is the copy of the NAS-Identifier. An example to
the successful Accounting-On as following.In this example I managed to set
a different NAS-Identifier value for the router identity .(router's real
identity is :MAC:00-0C-42-FA-53-30 , when I changed this to the "*
*ABDFDCBFFDAC**" string also it worked):*

Code:       Accounting-Request
Identifier: 3
Authentic:  o<136><188><4>S{<166>Sv<235><247><158><144>-<211><153>
Attributes:
Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-On
NAS-Identifier = ABDFDCBFFDAC
Acct-Delay-Time = 0
NAS-IP-Address = 217.124.187.43
*Called-Station-Id = "ABDFDCBFFDAC"*

However when I set some values which does not have the hexadecimal
representation, then it fails. For example it does not work when I set the
NAS-Identifier to the "*BBVA39XZ*" string. For this reason I had thought
that maybe I could play with the data dictionary and remove the restriction
about hexadecimal values and make it acceptable for all characters in the
Alphabet.

Thanks,
Bengi.