[RADIATOR] Monitor radiator authentication response time

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Mar 27 14:00:15 CDT 2014

On 03/27/2014 05:27 AM, rohan.henry @cwjamaica.com wrote:

> We use radlogin radius test tool. It sends auth request using username
> and password and measures the response time.
>
> http://www.iea-software.com/products/radlogin4.cfm
>
> But I want to monitor radius response time on Radius server that use NAS
> Port ID to authenticate users.

Hello Rohan,

is that the NAS-Port-Id attribute, number 87, in the dictionary?

If so, I suggest you create a <Client ...> clause for the monitoring and
put AddToRequest NAS-Port-Id=something in the Client clause. The
incoming request from the test tool will be modified to include the said
attribute and value and the authentication should then succeed.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.