[RADIATOR] No response with Authby URL running as a Windows service

Hadlow, Tim Tim.Hadlow at bl.uk
Tue Jul 29 05:15:12 CDT 2014

I have Radiator 4.13 using an Authby URL config running fine at the Windows command line on a 2008 R2 server with ActivePerl  5. 18.2 but when I run it as a Windows service it does not respond.  I can see the service listed as running and the port 1812 is being listened to but just get no reponse. If I switch to using the goodies/simple.cfg as a test then it does respond Ok as a service.  When running with the URL.cfg the web server is on the same box so the URL is http://127.0.0.1/ etc., and as I said it work fine when Radiator is running at the command line.

Has anyone else had problems using Authby URL when running as a Windows service or have any suggestions as to how to debug or fix this?

Thanks all,

Tim

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster at bl.uk<mailto:postmaster at bl.uk> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.