[RADIATOR] User-Password vs Cleartext-Password

Grant Spradling gspradling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 14:22:14 CST 2014

I’m running Radiator in AuthBy FREERADIUSSQL mode off of a FreeRADIUS sql user database.

FreeRADIUS authenticates users when the Cleartext-Password attribute is used for the user password, however when Radiator authenticates against the same database, I get:

Access Rejected for bob: Check item Cleartext-Password expression ‘mypass’ does not match ‘’ in request

If I change the default to return attribute to User-Password instead of Cleartext-Password, the user can authenticate.

I’m using PAP and if I print the password from the request (%P) it matches the one stored in the database.

Thanks for your help,

Grant Spradling