[RADIATOR] Log messages

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Feb 7 14:41:36 CST 2014

On 02/06/2014 07:13 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
> We're seeing the following, not quite so frequently in our logs.  Not
> every server is reporting this.  Can anyone confirm that this is simply
> a client trying to authenticate with an unsupported EAP type?

The EAP type is 0 in this case and it's clearly not any real type. It
might be a misbehaving client or the server might be receiving a RADIUS
request where the first EAP-Message attribute looks like an EAP request
or response for EAP type 0.

Some intermediate system may have for example, stripped the first
attribute away leaving causing the remainder to look like an EAP request
or response.

There are likely to be multiple reasons why you get these messages. They
might originate as incorrect or get mangled during the transport.

Thanks,
Heikki

> Feb 5 11:32:53 riptide-6.vm.its.uwo.pri /usr/bin/radiusd[14112]: Could
> not load EAP module Radius::EAP_0: Can't locate Radius/EAP
> _0.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . /usr/local/lib64/perl5
> /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor
> _perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval 11750293) line 3,
> <GEN3> line 2747056.
> Feb 5 11:32:53 riptide-6.vm.its.uwo.pri /usr/bin/radiusd[14112]: Could
> not load EAP module Radius::EAP_0: Can't locate Radius/EAP
> _0.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . /usr/local/lib64/perl5
> /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor
> _perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval 11750293) line 3,
> <GEN3> line 2747056.

NetWare etc.