[RADIATOR] multiple EAP-TLS AuthBys

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Feb 3 10:10:41 CST 2014

On 01/31/2014 02:23 PM, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:

> I'm trying to get a wired and wireless 802.1x config working where in
> one building shared Cisco IOS switches and Cisco WLAN controllers are
> used for multiple companies, each with its own CA.
> My handler config is below and as you can see the EAPTLS settings share
> the same radius server certificate but only differ in the CA cert used
> to validate the clients cert.

If the clients have different certs from different CAs, you should be
able to use EAPTLS_CAPath instead of EAPTLS_CAFile.

Note that the certificate file names have special requirements. See
 https://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations.html

and look for the c_rehash utility.

> The level 4 trace showed that the first AuthBy responds with a challenge
> which didn't match the ContinueUntilAccept AuthByPolicy so the second
> AuthBy was triggered which failed as well.
>
> I've changed the AuthByPolicy to ContinueUntilAcceptOrChallenge but now
> always the first AuthBy is checked until the client gives up authenticating.

I'd say CAPath is better idea than trying to match client CAs with
individual AuthBys unless there is a way to differentiate between clients.

Is there anything in the requests client generate that could help with
choosing the correct Handler?

> Another possibility would be a single AuthBy with all CA certs but how
> would I differentiate which one matched to send different
> Tunnel-Private-Group-ID values back?

You might be able to use EAPTLS_CertificateVerifyHook to check which CA
matched. However, I have not checked in detail if this is possible. I
would first see if the requests have any information that could help
with Handler selection.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.