[RADIATOR] AuthBy INTERNAL not sending reply after several AuthBy RADIUS

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Sep 25 04:19:26 CDT 2013

On 09/24/2013 05:47 PM, Tim Jones wrote:

> The debug output from the server shows the database being updated and
> returning ACCEPT, but then never sends out the Access-Accept response
> packet back to the NAS.

Hello Tim,

since you run this from ReplyHook returning from the Hook will not wind
back to a Handler which would then make sure the reply is passed back to
NAS. Take a look at how handlerResult is used e.g., by AuthRADIUS.pm to
tell Handler that a reply was received.

> I have a feeling it is because of setting the $op to IGNORE when
> forwarding the request, but the RequestHook of AuthBy INTERNAL doesn't
> pass it as a parameter so I cannot modify its' RadiusResult.

When the forwarding was done IGNORE was returned to Handler. Now when
reply was received you'd need to invoke Handler to finish the processing.

> Am I trying to solve this problem the wrong way, or have I forgotten
> something?

I think this comes from the asynchronous processing of requests. If I
understood your configuration correctly, calling handlerResult should help.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.