[RADIATOR] convenient ways to set AuthPort/AcctPort in AuthBy RADIUS

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Sep 20 14:17:33 CDT 2013

On 09/19/2013 02:50 AM, David Zych wrote:

> # in front-end config
> <AuthBy RADIUS>
>     Host 127.0.0.1
>     AuthPort %{GlobalVar:AuthPortFoo}
> </AuthBy>
>
> The problem is that AuthBy RADIUS doesn't currently honor GlobalVars in AuthPort or AcctPort, so we get
> *** Sending to 127.0.0.1 port 0 ....
>
> instead of port 10999 as desired.
>
> The below patch to AuthRADIUS.pm adds this capability.

Hello David,

patches has now AuthRADIUS.pm that supports special charcters in
AuthPort and AcctPort.

The version in patches does the substitution when the Host object is
instantiated which means it does not have to do it for each proxied
packet. This should save a couple of cycles since there is no need to
use e.g., the currently proxied request to resolve the destination port.

The file: chomp is likely to appear in the patches soon but it's not
there yet.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.