[RADIATOR] Coovachilli with Radiator (Configuration files)

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Sep 19 04:19:02 CDT 2013

On 09/17/2013 08:17 PM, Thomas Kurian wrote:

> Please guide on how to configure Coovachilli as a AAA client of
> Radiator. The communication between them should be via Radius protocol.
> I am new to the product Coovachilli and Radiator integration with the
> same. Kindly share with me previous records , knowledge base or any
> information you can kindly provide me with .

Please see these files in your Radiator distribution:

goodies/CoovaAP.txt

Coova should be quite straight forward. Here's a quote from CoovaAP.txt:

   The Radiator configuration is very simple. CoovaAP has no special
   authentication requirements. It does CHAP authentication. We used
   the goodies/simple.cfg like this:
   perl radiusd -config goodies/simple.cfg

There is also related information in goodies/chilli*

However, note the following about goodies/chilli* files mentioned in
chillispot.txt:

   The ChilliSpot project has been abandoned and taken over by
   the CoovaChilli project at http://coova.org

   This documentation is retained for historical reasons since
   configuration of CoovaChilli is similar.

> Our Purpose : We need a captive portal to force our wifi users to access
> the internet wifi connection after authenticating via the captive portal
> login access page.
> Appreciate if you can provide me with configurations of Radiator and
> Coovachilli for this purpose.

I think Coova should be configured as any other Radius client. The above
files in goodies should get you started.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.