[RADIATOR] Could not load EAP module Radius::EAP_

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Sep 17 08:38:14 CDT 2013

On 09/16/2013 11:55 PM, Barry Ard wrote:

> I am including my sanitized radius configuration so maybe you can see
> something that I can't.

I'd say the configuration is fine. Another cause might be an EAP
fragment that was sent to the process by the proxy. If the EAP message
looks like having EAP extended type 254 it may also try to load a
non-existing EAP module.

> This has worked well for years. There are 2
> radius servers with 10 radiusd processes behind a proxy. On Saturday one
> process was repeately receiving the "Could not load EAP module
> Radius::EAP_" messages.

If you have the Trace 4 logs, I could take a look. The logs should show
better what type of message was being (re?)sent by the proxy.

> I am running 4.11 but am in the process of
> scheduling a change to move to 4.12. I do occasionally get messages like
> 'Could not load EAP module Radius::EAP_16'.

EAP method 16 does not look line anything that is currently used. This
may also be caused by a message that is not part of any existing session
the process was handling.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.