[RADIATOR] Could not load EAP module Radius::EAP_

Barry Ard bard at ualberta.ca
Fri Sep 13 15:19:20 CDT 2013

Hi Group,
I have noticed these messages in my radiator logs for EAP-PEAP handler

Could not load EAP module Radius::EAP_: Can't locate Radius/EAP_.pm in @INC
(@INC contains: /etc/radiator/hooks/ /etc/radiator/hooks . /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
/usr/local/lib/site_perl) at (eval 780513) line 2.

If I HUP the process the messages go away. A few days ago this appears to
be what was causing repeated authentication failures which was resolved by
the HUP. I looked back at old logs and this message has existed for some
time but there weren't any problems reported. Of course, this being a
school, with students back in full force, that may account for the
reporting of the problem.

I now have a process which monitors the log files (2 servers with 10
radiusd processes) and alarms if this message is noticed.

I have trace level 4 debug logs if interested.

Barry Ard                                   barry.ard at ualberta.ca
Network Operations
Academic Information and Communication Technologies (AICT)
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta   Canada