[RADIATOR] <AuthLog SYSLOG> on Windows Server ?

Robert Fisher robert at sitestar.net
Mon Oct 28 13:08:18 CDT 2013

As I recall, the problem was with the Windows implementation of the
Sys::Syslog,
which at least started as simply a perl wrapper to the unix syslog()
library calls.

Both modules inherit from Sys::Syslog, so any issues experienced with
one will
be seen by the other.

Though, as ActiveState now includes Sys::Syslog in their win32 and win64
distros,
it might be possible to get this to work; although, the "rules of
syslog" say to
avoid the setlogsock() call, which is conditionally called in both of
these modules
as well, so...It's worth a test to see if the documentation can be updated.

Robert Fisher
Systems Administrator
Sitestar Internet Services