[RADIATOR] possible bug when AcctTotalSinceQuery == Max-Daily-Session

Francesc Romà i Frigolé francesc at socialandbeyond.com
Tue Oct 15 09:47:35 CDT 2013

Hello,

When the total session time used for the day as given by the
AcctTotalSinceQuery is exactly the same as Max-Daily-Session in the
authentication request Radiator allows the user to log in.

Only if the session time exceed the max daily session, even by just one
second, will Radiator complain about max session exceeded.

Is this the correct behaviour? I'd expect also to get a session exceeded
error when AcctTotalSinceQuery == Max-Daily-Session.

This behaviour is causing  issues for us because Radiator is returning an
authentication "accept" with a zero session time, which Mikrotik RouterOS
hotspotl interprets as infinite session length, rather than a session
exceeded error.

Is this a bug or there is something wrong with my settings?

Thanks

Francesc Romà i Frigolé

CTO Social & Beyond

+34 93.1234.962

Torre Telefónica Diagonal 00, planta 11, Wayra

Plaça Ernest Lluch i Martín, 5

08019 Barcelona