[RADIATOR] Problem with regex, or with Radiator parsing Check Items

Tim Jones tim.jones at fon.com
Thu Nov 21 07:51:53 CST 2013

Hi all,

I was adding a Handler to deal with EAP-SIM requests, and tried to use the
following regex to check the User-Name attribute:

/^1\d{14,15}(\@.+)*$/

But my log file is throwing out "ERR: Bad attribute=value pair:
15}(\@.+)*$/", so it looks like Radiator is hitting the comma and trying to
parse the rest of the regex as a regular "Check-Item=Value".

I changed my regex to:

/^1\d{14}(\@.+)*$|^1\d{15}(\@.+)*$/

which is working for me now.

Is this a bug in the parsing of the regex, or have I misunderstood the
formatting for variable-length repeating characters?

Many thanks,

Tim Jones

*Platform Engineering*

tim.jones at fon.com
Skype: Tim.Jones.Fon

C/ Quintanavides 15. Edificio 2, Planta 1ª
Parque Empresarial Vía Norte, de Metrovacesa
28050 Las Tablas. Madrid