[RADIATOR] per-clause vs global Logs

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Nov 15 13:15:46 CST 2013

On 11/14/2013 11:41 PM, David Zych wrote:

> My problem with PacketTrace as currently implemented is that it adds packet dumps to _every_ global logger, whereas I'd really like to control where they go and e.g. not send them to syslog.
>
> I suggest a new config flag for LogGeneric which tells individual loggers *not* to participate in PacketTrace, used like so:

Thanks for the idea. Logging improvements are always welcome, as are any
other ideas too. Good logging is especially important for this kind of
server.

> My (very simple) patch is below.  Confession: I have no idea what the "1" in the arrayref signifies.

The last number sets the detail level used by Server HTTP. 0 is for
'Basic Options', 1 for 'Advanced Options', 2 for 'Very Advanced Options'
and finally 4 for 'Deprecated Options'.

In other words, the number does not affect what the option does. It is
only used for organising the web gui.

This new option will likely be added soon with the debug level
enhancement for rejected requests.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.