[RADIATOR] <AuthLog SYSLOG> on Windows Server ?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Nov 8 09:15:27 CST 2013

On 11/05/2013 09:22 PM, Mueller, Jason C wrote:

> The syslog server is configured to accept messages of all priorities. While performing a packet capture on the Radiator host, we do not see the messages go out.

Hello Jason,

I have tried a AuthLog SYSLOG on Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 servers and
Windows 7. The all seem to work with ActivePerl 5.14.4 and Sys::Syslog
0.32 that comes with it.

Which Radiator version you are using? If you search from Syslog on this
page:
http://www.open.com.au/radiator/history.html

E.g., Radiator 4.10 has fixes to make sure multiple Syslog users
AuthLog, Log, etc. work correctly.

Also, if you could try one configuration change, see below, you can
check if debug messages are sent to the syslog server.

>>> <Log SYSLOG>
>>> 	Identifier syslog
>>> 	LogSock udp
>>> 	LogHost IP_ADDRESS_OF_REMOTE_HOST
>>> 	Facility local5

These options look fine. If you add 'Trace 4', radiusd generates plenty
of messages to see if anything gets out.

Thanks,
Heikki

>>> </Log>
>>>
>>> <AuthLog SYSLOG>
>>> 	Identifier authsyslog
>>> 	LogSock udp
>>> 	LogHost IP_ADDRESS_OF_REMOTE_HOST
>>> 	Facility local5
>>> 	SuccessFormat %H:%M:%S | %{Calling-Station-Id} | %u | OK | NAS-IP %N
>>> 	FailureFormat %H:%M:%S | %{Calling-Station-Id} | %u | FAIL: %1 | NAS-IP %N
>>> </AuthLog>

NetWare etc.