[RADIATOR] Radius domain only auth, with password='cisco'

Michael ringo at vianet.ca
Wed Nov 6 11:56:01 CST 2013

Has anyone ever seen a situation where, for every authentication attempt
to a radiator system from a cisco device, there is an authentication
attempt right before it that appears to be:

- a domain (the username with the 'username@' part stripped off).
- plain text password is always 'cisco'.
- Service-Type = Outbound-User

if I remove this line from the cisco lns:
aaa authorization network TEST group TEST
...the extra auth attempts stop, but then my radius network static
profiles don't work, so it's not a solution but it narrows down the problem.

my auth requests for the radiator system are essentially doubled due to
this.  This only started happening recently.  Network guys sometimes are
like a ticking time bomb and asking them can cause an explosion so i
thought i would ask here.

Mike