[RADIATOR] <AuthLog SYSLOG> on Windows Server ?

Robert Fisher robert at sitestar.net
Fri Nov 1 16:16:35 CDT 2013

Jason:

I have a similar need, and when I first looked at Syslog -- even the
activestate forums said not to expect Sys::Syslog to work on windows.

Thankfully, that's changed -- and I did some testing first with a simple
script then finally in one my Radiator instance.  I only specified an
AuthLog and I'm using a different facility -- but I can at least verify that
AuthLog SYSLOG works in my case with the following stanza on
Windows 2003 sp2 (i386/32 bit processor) running Radiator 4.11,
ActiveState Perl 5.16.3, with Sys::Syslog 0.32.

<AuthLog SYSLOG>
     Identifier    authsyslog
     LogSuccess    1
     LogFailure    1