[RADIATOR] Loadbalancing requests from Proxy

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri May 10 04:26:32 CDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 11:09 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
> We have been requested to try and loadbalance requests to a Campus
> department with their own Radius (IAS) server for their wireless users.

Hello Michael,

you mentioned campus and wireless LAN which makes me think there is EAP,
such as PEAP or TTLS, involved.

If so, you would need to use <AuthBy EAPBALANCE> to make sure the EAP
authentication sessions are always handled by the same IAS server.
Otherwise you will see failures and timeouts when the IAS servers
receive requests they are not expecting.

The Trace 4 log was not included, but I'd first check how it works with
EAPBALANCE.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.