[RADIATOR] Using SQL statements inside a PostAuthHook

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Sat Mar 30 03:37:40 CDT 2013

On 03/29/2013 07:29 PM, Thomas Kurian wrote:

> I appended the additional config lines you sent me in your reply. But i
> still did not get the required result. I have included the error logged
> in the log file. Please advice me on how to resolve this error based on
> the updated script.

Here $self is undefined. See the line where you have $self=undef;
 my @row = $self->getOneRow($sth);

you could try this:
 my @row = $sess_handle->getOneRow($sth);

> I also commented out some config lines  in the script file, can you
> please check if these are just unwanted statements which is not required
> for my purpose with the hook.

I see a couple of lines related to generating random numbers. All I can
say is they seem not to be used by your script.

> I just want to check if the user crossed his allocated quota , if yes
> then i need to call the web link containing username.
>
> Also i could not find any prepared statements or quote() to get
> User-Name from a SQL query in the sqlDb.pm file . Can you please point
> out these prepared statements from the file.

Instead of doing this:

 my $username = "whatever";
 my $query = "select something from users where username='$username'";
 prepareAndExecute($query);

You can keep the $query constant and call it with the variables like this:

 my $username = "whatever";
 my @bind_variables;
 push @bind_variables, $username;
 my $query = "select something from users where username=?";
 prepareAndExecute($query, @bind_variables);

In this way the query can be processed only once by the SQL layer and
executed multiple times with the different contents of bind_variables.

See section "5.4 Bind Variables" in the reference manual for more.

> Also tell me the syntax for adding additional log() calls._

You already call main::log once. Just add more of these to keep track
what your hook is doing. That will help with development.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.