[RADIATOR] 802.1x , EAP error

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Mar 26 08:32:25 CDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 10:11 AM, Jeff Lee wrote:

> I'm trying to setup 802.1x authentication using EAP-PEAP but been
> struggling for a few days with no idea how to resolve this.
> Below is the log and where I bold it…. it says, "* ERR: Could not load
> EAP module Radius::EAP_25: Can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm in @INC*"

Yes, this is the reason. You need to install Net::SSLeay so that radiusd
can access SSL libraries.

> Can someone point me to some direction to fix this error before I dive
> into the radius.cfg file again?

On Debian, Ubuntu and related install libnet-ssleay-perl package. On
RedHat and Centos you need to install perl-Net-SSLeay. As you can see
the actual distribution package names varies from system to system.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.